A Hidden Treasure......
In 2007, Celebrity Cruises created Azamara Club Cruises. It’s a sophisticated yet relaxed way of traveling that delivers unique destinations.
One of the coolest things about Azamara is that they feature an overnight or late night stay (after 8 pm) on every itinerary. Let’s face it; more goes on in many destinations after the other ships leave at 4 pm. You'll have plenty of time to explore without the crowds and maybe take in some land side nightlife.
Azamara always includes complimentary gratuities, spirits, beer, wine, bottled water, drinks and special coffees. And I just received notice that we will again be offering a $300 ship credit, a welcome aboard bottle of champagne and a private behind the scenes tour for all our Platinum and Centurion Members. ENJOY!
Here is a really awesome opportunity for single travelers. Luxury river cruise company, Avalon Waterways, is offering a wide selection of Europe river cruises without a single supplement. Nice thing about this offer is that single travelers can enjoy their own accommodations and still enjoy the company of others during shore excursions and shipboard activities.
Here is my favorite. An 11-day cruise from Paris to Côte d’Azur. This trip starts with two nights in Paris with guided sightseeing with your new friends. Then ride the TGV train to Dijon. Sip on some Burgundy wine during wine tasting events and guided sightseeing before boarding your ship. Before your disembarkation in Arles, you will be sailing through the peaceful Camargue area.
Avalon Waterways is waiving the single supplemental charge on river cruises beginning March 29, April 2, 12, 16, 26, and May 24. It is limited to ten single cabins per date and reservations must be made by January 27, 2015.
Other amenities apply, so call one of our travel consultants soon for all the details. We are with you every step of the way.
You may even win the $10,000 grand prize.
From there we headed up to Deck 11 to the Observation Lounge, the only public room overlooking the bow of the ship with a beautiful view of the ocean. As we descended to the lower decks we viewed three categories of suites, starting with the most popular Silver Suite which comes with a private bedroom and is large enough to accommodate three guests. Nearby, we viewed an Owner’s Suite which boasts 1,292 square feet and may be modified to a two bedroom suite.
Next came the Veranda Suite at 376 square feet. This category of suites make up for 80% of the suites on board the ship which holds 540 guests in total. All suites come with butler service, stocked mini bar, and personalized stationary, binoculars, umbrella and Wi-Fi access. We were also impressed with the choice of bedding on Silversea ships. The cruise line is owned by an Italian family so the officers are Italian and naturally very proud of their heritage. Nothing but the best Italian Pratesi Linens are used on board for everyone’s sleeping comfort.
Our lunch was delicious with first class service to match. Especially memorable was the gourmet crab appetizer and the superb wine selection. We want to thank John for being such a congenial host and thank you to our clients for participating in a wonderful excursion. As one client said, “We should do this more often!”
Like to join us on a ship tour? Let me know and I will keep you on my list.
I was researching ski packages to Steamboat Springs today for a client of mine. Steamboat has been one of my favorite destinations in my 40+ years on the slopes.
If you haven't been skiing for a while, then you might be surprised by the cost of single day adult lift pass during the holidays at some of the finest resorts in Colorado:
Don't find yourself looking to purchase tickets at the ticket window
All of the major resorts that I have checked on offer 'online' or 'early bird' type discounts if you purchase online. I have seen savings of 25% off daily lift prices for online purchases. The online savings can be quite high for a week-long ski vacation.
It is now official. Richard Branson’s family owned investment group has announced the formation of Virgin Cruises. Most details have not been officially announced but here are some of the “buzz words” circulating the industry.
1. Two world-class, luxury ships will be built. Rumors say the ships accommodate about 1200 guests.
2. Rumors also say the ships will be operating by 2019, and the only hint that Mr. Branson has dropped is that the ships will, “attract people like myself who’ve never been on a cruise ship,”
3. Based on more hints and Branson’s style in travel, experts feel the ship will cater to a luxury offering with many of the ‘add-on’ features (for which others charge a fee) inclusive to the cruise fare.
4. The cruise line will be based in the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area. This is also home to the three other giant cruise conglomerates Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise Lines.
5. Bain Capital has been secured to financially support the new cruise line, so this operation has some big dollars behind it.
6. "We plan to shake up the cruise industry and deliver a holiday that customers will absolutely love. They'll be sailing on the latest ships offering great quality, a real sense of fun, and many exciting activities all delivered with the famed Virgin service," said Virgin Group founder Sir Richard Branson in a statement.
7. Tom McAlpin will be the new CEO of Virgin Cruises. McAlpin, is a former president of The World, Residences at Sea and Disney Cruise Line. He is not saying much at this point, but he did express his vision that, "Cruise guests deserve something better and different to what is being offered today, and Virgin Cruises is committed to creating breathtaking experiences for them and a new generation of guests."
8. The partners have said they plan to “make waves’ within an industry that is ready for reinvention. With the big players all into onboard entertainment equipment, it will be interesting to see what Virgin is planning.
Curator of Adventures in the Art of Travel
Exquisite journeys for those with a yearning to experience what a destination has to offer in a soft adventure experience.